Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Jokester's Latest Joke: The Prescription

Jokester

From the Jokester

Have a Look at This Joke & Matching Picture at www.thejokester.net

Help the Jokester’s eMail List Grow,
forward the Jokester’s Jokeletter to your friends
and ask them to sign up to be a Jokester!

 

The ABCs Of Aging  

A is for apple, and B is for Boat,  

that used to be right, but now it won't float.  

Age before beauty is what we once said,  

but let's be a bit more realistic instead.  

 

Now, A's for arthritis; B's the bad back,  

C is for chest pains, perhaps cardiac.  

D is for dental decay and decline;  

E is for eyesight, can't read that top line.  

 

F is for fissures and fluid retention,  

G is for gas, which I'd rather not mention.  

H is high blood pressure--I'd rather it low;  

I for incisions with scars you can show.  

 

J is for joints, out of socket, won't mend.  

K is for knees that crack when they bend.  

L for libido, what happened to sex?  

M is for memory, I forget! What comes next?  

 

N is neuralgia, in nerves way down low;  

O is for osteo, the bones that don't grow!  

P for prescriptions, I have quite a few,  

Just give me a pill and I'll be good as new.  

 

Q is for queasy, is it fatal or flu?  

R for reflux, one meal turns to two.  

S for sleepless nights, counting my fears.  

T for tinnitus; there's bells in my ears.  

 

U is for urinary; big troubles with flow;  

V is for vertigo, that's "dizzy" you know.  

W is for worry, NOW what's going round?  

X is for X-ray, and what might be found.  

 

Y is another year I'm left here behind,  

Z is for zest that I still have--in my mind.  

 

I've survived all the symptoms, my body's deployed,  

And I've kept twenty-six doctors fully employed!  

 

 

The Prescription

The patient went to his doctor for a checkup, and the doctor wrote out a prescription for him in his usual illegible writing.

 

The patient put it in his pocket, but he forgot to have it filled.   Every morning for two years, he showed it to the conductor as a railroad pass. Twice, it got him into the movies, once into the baseball park, and once into the symphony.

 

He got a raise at work by showing it as a note from the boss.

 

One day, he mislaid it. His daughter picked it up, played it on the piano, and won a scholarship to a conservatory of music.

 

 

The Code

A doctor was having an affair with his nurse. Shortly afterward, she told him that she was pregnant. Not wanting his wife to know about the affair, he gave the nurse a sum of money and asked her to go to Italy and have the baby there.

 

"But how will I let you know when the baby is born?" she asked. He replied, "Just send me a postcard and write 'spaghetti' on the back. I'll take care of all your expenses".

 

Not knowing what else to do, the nurse took the money and flew off to Italy. Six months went by and then one day the doctor's wife called him at the office and explained "Dear, you received a very strange postcard in the mail today from Europe, and I don't understand what it means".

 

The doctor said "Just wait until I get home and I will explain it to you". Later that evening the doctor came home, read the postcard, and fell to the floor with a heart attack.

 

Paramedics rushed him to the ER. The lead medic stayed back to comfort the distraught wife. He asked what trauma had precipitated the cardiac arrest.

 

So the wife picked up the card and read "Spaghetti, Spaghetti, Spaghetti, Spaghetti - Two with sausage and meatballs, two without".

 

Feel Free To Submit Some Of Your Favorite Jokes

See This Joke & Matching Picture at: www.TheJokester.net

Help My Joke List Grow:  Invite friends and family at
 Google Groups
(suggested, relatively advertisement free), Yahoo Groups or www.thejokester.net

If you got this email from a friend,
why not sign-up and get the jokes straight from the Jokester’s keyboard?

All the Best: Your Often Misguided Humorist and Joke Moderator,  The Jokester {aka Dan the Man}.

Subscription Information:

ü  Jokes are customarily sent 3 - 5 times per week covering a range of hopefully (?) humorous subjects!

ü  Just remember, don't blame the messenger: I only send the jokes, I don't write them.

ü  To unsubscribe see the instructions below or send me an email (be sure to tell me which group you joined).

ü  But Wait! Before you unsubscribe, stop and think about it. Have you given the jokes enough time? The occasional bad joke is to be expected. Hang in there, maybe the next joke will make your day!?!?

 

 

From Your Often Misguided Humorist and Joke Moderator, The Jokester {aka Dan the Man}: Jokester@TheJokester.net

 

0 comments: