Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Jokester's Latest Joke: How long can a sabbatical last?

Description: Jokester

 


 


 

 

Where did the Jokester go?

 

How long can a sabbatical last?

 

Well – a sabbatical turned into an employment "situation"

 

The boss created enough smoke and gossip to fool Senior Management to fire me!  Then, in the same breath- he immediately hired me back to stay for at least 3 months to train my replacement.  What choice did I have?  I was caught completely off guard and completely unprepared for being stabbed in the back.  So I stayed, made the company more money, trained staff on how to do the job and kept the clients happy.

 

The trouble was, none of the existing staff would work for the guy (as they saw how I had been mis-treated for so long).  So he had to look outside the company for new 'talent'?  Two months later he finally found someone to replace me. But to my great delight, I found a new job – I think the boss was more than a little surprised that I 1) could find a job that fast ) and 2) went to the trouble to read the fine print of my letter of termination which said, if either party elects to no longer work for the company, then the termination is immediate. I elected to leave cold turkey! And he was high and dry for training my replacement.

 

The sad thing is that I worked for that company for 8.5 years and not one of the exalted Top Management asked why was Dan the Man, let go. Or if they did ask, they did not look past the fake smoke to see a set-up, plain as day.

 

But onwards and forwards – I have a new job within my field of knowledge and expertise, but every day is a new challenge and opportunity to broaden my horizons. 

 

The good news is I no longer have to work for the worst boss I ever had. 

 

The bad news is that I still have no time to send jokes.

 

So hang in there – the jokes will eventually follow!

 

All the best – have a great summer

 

Dan the Man aka The Jokester!

 

 



--
Visit my website at www.thejokester.net

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Jokester" group.
To post to this group, send email to thejokester@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to thejokester+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/thejokester?hl=en.

0 comments: